This is a QuickStart on how to organize your Instructional Blog to present a concept to students.
(1) INTRODUCTION (TEXT & AUDIO): Use TEXT to introduce your concept. Give students a brief summary of the point of your lesson (Lesson Objectives in terms of Student Expectations), give a real-world application, or give a STEP-by-STEP or "How to". This section can be enhanced by using Audacity to create an audio file (MP3) which reads the introduction to the student. (Example & QuickStart: http://podcast.arpisd.org/groups/arpisd/wiki/a52e8/GEEK_Lesson_2_Audio_Lectures__iPods.html
(2) AUDIO/VIDEO LESSON (MP4 or SWF): Create an A/V lesson using your Mimio, Document Camera, SmartBoard, or Wireless tablet (MP4) OR Create a PowerPoint with Narration and using iSPRING to create a movie (SWF). Give the student instruction and examples of ways to solve problems or use the new concept before assigning guided practice or homework. This video should be no more than a few minutes in length. Outline what you would like to say and then add the outline below the uploaded video to your blog. Students should be able to read, listen, and see all concept instruction.
(3) UPLOAD (DOC): Add documents such as Interactive Notes or Axims, Rules, Formulas which students might need during this unit.
(4) UPLOAD or TYPE: Add assignment, guided practice, homework
(5) UPLOAD student product: A very good learning tool is to use a Student Model. Give students examples of other successful student products.
(6) INTERACTIVE COMMENT SECTION: (moderated or not moderated) Create higher order thinking questions for students to respond to in the "Comment Section" of your Blog. Give them instructions on how you want them to respond. A Rubric would be Fantastic!